A favorite desert for Purim known as Hamantashen
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- Choice of filling (jam, jelly, preserves, chocolate chips, Nutella, nuts). For a prune filling: blend raw prunes in a food processor, adding the juice and rind of one lemon and 1/2 cup of honey for every pound of prunes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in butter and eggs.
- Roll out dough and form hamantashen (see photos below).
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper for 12-15 minutes at 400 F.